[alfa] Re: Holes in the wall. For men only.

Biba and Hans,

You know...it just sounds a bit funny to me that you guys would actually
write about how much you enjoy places where there aren't any women on a
Digest which many female Alfa owners read.  Biba, are you just looking to
stir up trouble again?

I was in the navy for twenty years, and most of those were spent in
'male-only' warships.  Frankly, I enjoyed the all-male camaraderie, but I
sure missed having the female perspective around.  Yes, there certainly are
many places where women are scarce...body shops, transmission, alternator
and radiator shops, auto-restoration shops, etc.  And yes, sometimes it can
be fun to be doing what seem to be 'men-only' things, just as I'm sure that
many women enjoy going places where the men don't hang out.  Personally, I
love getting greasy, smelling the oil and paint and solvent fumes, hearing
the machinery noises, cursing a difficult process, etc.  But, you know....I
enjoy doing those things whether there are women there or not.  In fact, I
think maybe it's more fun when there are women around!

There are many great Alfisti women out there (Tess, Annie O, etc.)!  I know
several women who own and love their Alfas just as much as any men do.  The
way I see it, I believe that we must welcome new Alfisti into the fold, not
push them away.  The younger generation are now starting to buy old Alfas
and they are the proverbial 'newbies'.  Let's encourage these young people
and women who love Alfas instead of discouraging them by singing the praises
of an "Old Boys Club".  Leave that for the Jaguar guys!

Standing by for flames,
Alfalex Csank
Norfolk, VA
'69 Spider 1300 Junior