re: [alfa] Thermostat broken?

Larry,
	Have you checked the actual temperature of the coolant with a
thermometer?  Might be that your temp. sender is going bad.  Also you
might want to bleed any air out of the cooling system which affects when
the thermostat opens; which is late.

	But there is one way to test when the thermostat starts to open without
removing anything.  With the engine cold, start it up and hold your hand
on the hose from the radiator to the thermostat housing.  It should be
cold.  When the temp. gauge reads 175, you should feel the hose starting
to get hot as the thermostat opens.  Of course this doesn't tell you how
much coolant the thermostat is allowing to pass thru.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV