[alfa] Re: 1992 Spider Veloce Code 1223 Resolved

Just wanted to express my thanks to Peter, Dave, and George for your advice.
It was greatly appreciated.

Turns out my problem had nothing to do with the center muffler leak.  Some
dufus mechanic left an air hose slightly....very slightly loose.  That dufus was
me.  I found the problem that very night before the trip to Midas.  I had
recently removed the intake plenum to gain access to change motor mounts to the
spruell mounts and replace some tore up oil pans.  Upon reassembly, one of
those must have been left just barely loose.  After what I considered over
tightening the intake runner clamps and the two clamps on the short hose between the
plenum and hard hose....the code disappeared and has not returned.

I can attest that this little adventure has left my car in better shape.
First, I found that exhaust leak and had it easily repaired.  The engine is now
spotless.  The O2 sensor connectors.....well really about every electrical
connection under the hood....has been water proofed with dielectric grease.  O2
sensor also got tested.  The small suction hoses and the breather hoses got
replaced and new clamps installed.  The distributor cap got a cleaning.  Maybe I
should get the spousal unit to loosen up one of these clamps more often.

Again, thanks Peter, Dave, and George for the help.

Best Regards,
John Duncan
Lexington, KY