Re: [alfa] a bit of a virus warning

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:19:26 -0700 C M Smith <cmsmith@domain.elided> wrote:

> I received an e mail from alfadigest today, with an attachment. Since Alfa
> Digest doesn't e mail anyone I just deleted it. Just a heads up for anyone
> else getting these.

the modern generation of virus software generally spoofs from addresses.

worse than that, at least some variants of the new bagel virus include the
malware payload inside a passworded zip file, rendering it impossible
to virus scan.

if you get a passworded zip that you're not expecting, just delete it. it's
probably a virus.

richard