[alfa] (Alfa) Holes in the wall. For men only.

This a.m. realized I was both going to go pick up parts at a sand / bead
blaster and was in the midst of combing my hair. When you're old, not
all of this is necessarily obvious to one at one time.

I've been going to Kenny Sandblasting in South El Monte forever. I have
never seen a woman there in all those decades. Even though I continued
to comb my hair, realized it was a completely fruitless function. Guys
could care less which hair is where.

Saturday, visited a Major hole in the wall polisher along with another
person of the Alfa persuasion of the male type.

I'd guess if a woman has ever crossed that threshold it was sometime in
the dark ages...perhaps much earlier.

Occurred to me that these delightful 'holes in the wall' are the
remaining third Millennium's equivalent to the Men's Club with butlers
bringing well aged brandy, whilst the reader was perusing his Wall
Street Journal.

See where 'they' have driven us?

Though must admit I've not read too many WSJ's whilst sipping a
beverage...neat.

The day I see a woman (who actually looks and acts like one) in one of
'our' sacred holes in the wall, I for one will throw in the towel and
admit they've truly become 'enlightened' and deserve to be called
'Alfisti'.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Have a sacred, or at least favorite, hole in the wall? Naming names is
therapeutic.