[alfa] stirring up trouble

My son showed me a car report movie he had downloaded
from British television. It was based on a test of a
new Alfa (2003 model) vs. a Ford and a VW. Of course,
even though the Alfa was beaten in almost every
comparison, they would still buy one because of the
"emotions and the feelings" that the car evokes in the
owner, admitting that this was totally irrational. The
report also noted that things would soon start to fall
off the car and that it would be worth only half the
purchase price within one year. And then comes the
clincher: the owner also has to put up with the worst
dealer and service network in Great Britain. . .  We
also visited a new dealership in Norway last summer --
with beautiful Alfas on the floor -- but at least one
already had things ready to fall off -- such as a turn
light dangling by the wires.  The car has not left the
showroom floor yet. .  I know this is a minor detail -
but means a lot to people who do not necessarily love
Alfas.
And mind, this is 2003 -- not 1981 when I bought my
first new Alfa. Twenty-two/three years later and the
scenario is the same? How difficult can it be to
implement a quality control program?
My two cents worth too.
Irv
GTV6