[alfa] Great Cars

Anybody watch Great Cars on PBS?  I missed the one last week about Alfa.
Probably glad I did, as I watched the one on Ferrari yesterday and it was
one big factual error after another.  That and huge important chunks of
history skipped.  I realize that you can't fit everything in 25 minutes,
but to skip the Vettura 815 and the GTO, to have Antonio Ascari racing for
Scuderia Ferrari in 1932, to give Carol Shelby full credit for developing
the Ford Mk II, to say the 250LM was the first mid engined Ferrari race
car, to say the Le Mans accident in 1955 caused Lancia, Alfa Romeo and
Mercedes to drop their racing programs...ye gads, why spend the money
producing something like that and then save money by scrimping on the
research and writing.

Mike in Texas