From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of John
Brase
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 8:03 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Re: Milano Re-fueling problem

Chris,

I have the a similar problem on my GTV6.  When near empty, I can get
about 9 gal. in (about a half tank) before the hose shuts off.  It helps
some if I pull the vent hose on top of the tank loose during the reflill
but not much.  The inside of the GTV6 tank has (two vertical dividers
and one horizontal divider making six separate fuel chambers.  I assume
this prevents sloshing and sudden weight transfer.  I theorize that for
some reason the flow from one chamber to the next is slow resulting in
one or two cavities (the ones closest to the filler neck) filling and
shutting off the hose before the other chambers are full.  I don't have
a clue how to cure it.

John