[alfa] Re: Stradale and Victory by Design

  Richard,
In Alfa-ese, Stradale simply means "for the road." The Tipo 33
Stradale, for instance is a T-33 race car chassis enveloped in a proper
two-seat body with comfy seats, more ground clearance than the race
car, more sound deadening, carpets, etc. The term was also applied to
the late '60's aluminum bodied GTA. The GTA Stradale, had carpets,
gorgeous (and comfortable) leather seats and a wooden steering wheel.
These are easily the prettiest of the Berties with the nicest, most
civilized cockpits of any Bertie made. The TZ Stradale, again, differed
from the racing version with more sound deadening, carpets and nice

On Feb 29, 2004, at 8:09 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

> Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:49:53 -0500 (EST)
> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] Stradale and Victory by Design
>
> i got my copy of the Alfa Romeo Victory by Design DVD today, have
> already watched it twice.
>
> i do have one question, though, on a point where the presentation
> differs from my understanding of Alfa history.
>
> in the brief section on 101 cars, they show a series which cumulates
> with the GTZ. there are two GTZs on display, and de Cadenet
> indicates that the second one is a different type from the first one,
> and refers to the second one as a Stradale.
>
> i was unaware of any alternative versions of the basic GTZ, and
> i thought that the Stradale was a completely different car derived
> from the Tipo 33. did i miss something or did one of de Cadenet's
> researchers make a mistake?
>
> richard
> - --
> Richard Welty
> rwelty@domain.elided
> Averill Park Networking
> 518-573-7592
>     Java, PHP, PostgreSQL, Unix, Linux, IP Network Engineering,
> Security

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'