[alfa] Visiting Modena (minimal Alfa content)

I'm going to be going to Italy for my spring break, in hopes of seeing as much car-related stuff as possible. I think I've got the Alfa museum thing figured out, since a friend of a friend lives in Milan and offered to drive me out to Arese. However, I plan on spending a couple of days in the Bologna area in hopes of seeing all the sites in and around Modena. I was wondering if any of the seasoned travelers among this group of car nuts have any suggestions as to what I should see and how I should get around. I have the June 2003 issue of Evo magazine, which provides some brief descriptions and directions, but pretty much assumes that you can afford to rent a car and stay in hotels...I can't. I assume that getting from Bologna to Modena by train will be pretty trivial, but how does one get around Modena without a car. Are there taxis? Can you rent a bicycle? How many of these museums actually require that you "ring ahead," as the British magazine says, and where do I find their phone numbers? Are tours of the Maserati factory possible? If I only have a day or two to spend in Modena, what should I see?

Many thanks,
Joe Elliott