[alfa] various Alfa stuff

Well, the Digest has degraded to left vs. right drive debates!

I love it!

**Anyway, Danny asked about the radiators in 164s. The radiators work
pretty well, but can get clogged with time and they become less efficient.
I don't have overheating in any of mine (fleet is growing) in humid Florida
summers with a/c on. Also check the fan circuit, if the resistor setup
isn't right, it gets very hot before the fan starts.

**I am going to install my latest toy shortly, the electric water pump. I
have a 12 volt water pump which is rated to pump 55 gallons per minute
unrestricted. It can be installed without removing the original water pump
but must be installed before the original begins to leak if you want to
avoid the t-belt and pump removal. It runs continuously, and keeps the
thermostat function intact. Not a new idea but likely not many on Alfas...

**After a lot of tinkering, I have the new PowerFlex 164 dog bone big end
bushing that is SO smooth! I have one running in my recently acquired 164L
5 speed, very nice and no vibration! Also, a huge shipment of PowerFlex has
arrived and all orders come with a cool PowerFlex polyurethane key chain
(or 2...)
See it here: http://www.alfabill.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=40

** I found a new and very slick heater shutoff valve for the 164, much
smaller than my previous Home Depot system on Sofia. I will "un convert"
her and use the new cleaner version. It stops the "hot foot" syndrome that
the always on heater core creates. Pick up about 10 degrees of cool in the
a/c weather!

**In case you have needs, I have 3 164s to cull parts from, 2 "L"s and a
Base. All auto trans. One is pretty much don, the others are complete. One
is a running car that is just too homely too restore. I have 2 good 3.0 V6
motors... Due to shipping hassles, I have stopped shipping sheet metal
parts. All other are no problem.

Hopefully everyone is ready for spring! The baby is keeping us busier than
I ever could imagine.

Best regards!
Bill
91 164 x 5