[alfa] Throttle sticking

Haven't seen it yet, so wanted to put it out there:

Make sure to very carefully examine your throttle cable. I've been dinking with these cars for the better part of... good lord... fifteen years now, and have never heard personally of bushing failures. I have, however, heard of at least a dozen throttle cables going bad, one of them being my own. They tend to fray, and those ends get bunched up and start gumming up the action. Sometimes this can happen inside the cable housing, so you can't see it.

Bottom line, were it my car, I'd at least try disconnecting the throttle cable to see if that caused the rest of the linkage to suddenly work properly again.

Scott Johnson
1750 Spider
Alfa Spider FAQ Author