Re: [alfa] Throttle Sticking

There are a number of plastics that make good "low speed" bearings.  Try
any metal fabrication shop - they often have these plastics for use in
making up assemblies that need a bearing for a metal shaft that is operated
at low speed and load.

Take a look at: http://www.graphalloy.com/html/plastics.htm

What makes you think that I am not in the USA ??  I live in Punta Gorda,
Florida, USA   I had a friend who worked in a machine shop and he had some
Teflon sheeting for a job they were doing. I only needed small scraps.

The shaft that goes across the firewall rests in "rubber" blocks (Alfa P/N
105.00.44.546.03) at each end, held in place by  formed metal brackets.

In my '65 Sprint GT, I also replaced the throttle spring with one that gave
less tension. If that spring pulls very strongly, it aggravates the binding
- look at the shaft in place and think about it.

Gwynne Spencer