[alfa] 164S California Emissions Results

Folks - back in AD V9 1120 something, on 2/10 I mentioned my 164S with
84554 miles had failed the CA smog test,  due to high Nitrogen Oxide (NO).
Thanks to a tip from my Dad, I went to Kragen's and got some of that liquid one
pours into the tank that guarantees one will pass the smog test for NO.  It
comes in a blue box and is named CPG or something similar.  But, you must run a
full-tank of gas with this stuff, and then fill the tank full once again
for the test.  So, six days later on the 16th, right in the middle of my 80
hour work-week (that's why this input is a week later) with the odometer up to
84973 Mi., I dropped her off again at the shop and waited at the nearby
coffee shop in old-town Sunnyvale, CA. This was ok as it has several attractive
young ladies behind the counter.  So, a Collegue (from Denver working the same project) and I
worked on his laptop in the shop for an hour and awaited
the results of the test....a PASS!  The readings for NO:
WAS         15 MPH  702   25 MPH   809 (failed as max is 717).
IS          15 MPH  663  25 MPH   683

It was close, perhaps the cat is getting worn-out, but I'm hoping it'll
last another two years.

Thanks to the many of you who offered suggestions and help, they came in handy!

Rob Granieri