[alfa] Milano Electrics

I'm trying to figure out what is amiss with the A/C electrics on my '87
Verde.  The compressor clutch will not engage.  Also, the cooling fan is
generally on full time.  I checked the relays.  They both work.  I compared
the wiring on the ralays to the wiring diagram I have.  The compressor
clutch relay wiring seems to match.  The cooling fan relay, however, takes
its coil voltage from two jumpers from the clutch relay, 85 to 85 and 86 to
86. This is not what the wiring diagram shows.  Was this a factory job or
some tinkerer before I got the car? I can make the clutch engage by feeding
12 v from the hot terminal nearby directly to 86 on one of the relays, but
cannot get ut to engage any other way.  As for why the fan is on full time,
another mystery.  I'll trace the lavender/white wire that is supposed to go
from the A/C switch to the clutch relay and see if that is the problem.
Could it be the pressure switch?  The sight glass is almost clear with only
a few bubbles.   Everything was working fine when hot weather finally ended
last fall.  The only thing I've done since then is take the blower fan out,
do some repairs on it, and put it back.  Did nothing under the hood.

Anybody have any ideas?

Mike in Texas where it will be warming up soon