[alfa] 164 power window switch

In a message dated 2/20/2004 6:51:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
Now, talking about 164 LS electric mystery, my front
passenger side power window control hasn't been working
for the last few weeks (driver can still control the
power window though). However, it started to work on
Valentine's day as I drove my wife for a day trip! To
make it a mystery, it stopped working again the very
next morning...
The window lift switches on the 164s are known to have problems and it is
pretty easy to replace the switch, which is usually the problem, especially it
seems on the front passenger side, which gets less use and so more chance to
build up corrosion/tarnish or whatever.  I had the same thing on the 164LS, and a
new switch fixed it.   HOWEVER, it is also easy to drop the wires inside the
door, where there area PITA to fish out, so if you swap a switch, make sure to
tape or otherwise secure the wires so they don't slip out of reach.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA