Re: [alfa] carb synchroniser tool

Beatle,
	Spend another $1.55 for another manometer????

	Motorcycles invariable have single throat carbs with one carb/cylinder.
 With a 2-column sync'r, you designate one carb as the 'reference' carb
(some bikes have one such carb which is non-adjustable).  Then you
adjust the other 3 carbs to that reference carb, one at a time.  On my
CB750 which has no reference carb, I adjust all four carbs at once since
I bought the 4-column mercury unit so that they all pull about the same
(within 1 cm of mercury) vacuum.

	My guess is that on double barreled carbs is that you do the same
thing, pick a reference barrel and then adjust the other barrels to it.
Is there a vacuum takeoff for each barrel where you can attach the vinyl
tube ?  My SPICA GTV is easier since I use the idle air openings.

	There is another non-mecury sync'r call TwinMax which is electronic (http://www.motohansa.com.au/docs/twinmax.pdf).

	If your Dell'orto's can be sync'd with a motorcycle sync'r, I'd go with
a 4-column unit.  I'd think that you can transform the $1.55 2-column
manometer into a 4-column by adding a common source of fluid.  Have 4
lengths of vinyl tubing going into a pot'o fluid (ATF, oil, etc.), tape
the tubing to the wall with the yard (mitre) stick and then do all four
at once.

	Bruce