[alfa] Re: Should I sell my Milano? "Gold priced in Verde territory"

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the implication that this car is
overpriced.  In most cases, $3500 will buy a fairly tired Verde, or at
least, it won't buy a Verde that's nearly as nice & as thoroughly serviced
as this car.  I agree that many on this list seem to prefer to buy a car in
poor shape for cheap & then fix it up.  However, in the end, they probably
have far more into their car then what Mr. Pordes is asking for his, & they
may not end up with something quite as nice.

A little over a year ago, I bought a Milano Gold as my daily driver.  It's
almost as nice & almost as well serviced as this car, & I paid 3K.  Note
that mine doesn't have a nice stereo or a fresh top end.  It has been by far
the best automotive purchase I've ever made.  I haven't been easy on this
car, & it hasn't let me down yet.  Of course I'm chasing a few typical
problems, but I have a reliable, unique, & fun to drive car.  Additionally,
I have a title instead of a payment book.  Had I sought out a cheap, worn
out example, I'd probably still be fixing it up, & it probably would be
leaving stranded on a regular basis.

I think Mr. Pordes is asking a very reasonable price for his car, &
considering the experience I've had with my Milano, if I lived in CA & was
looking for a nice, reasonably priced daily driver, I'd take his car over a
tired Verde hands down.  If you're an Alfisti looking for a nice daily
driver, & his car is as represented (I have no reason to believe it's not),
I'd advise you to do the same.

Michael Keith
Houston, TX
87 Milano Gold

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.