[alfa] Re: 164 wind deflector

Terry Johnston asks:
"How does one remove the wind deflector on a 164?  Thought it was nothing
more
than removing the screws and the disconnecting the rails.  Wrong!"

As I recall, Terry, the two guide rods just pop out of the tracks with a bit
of sideways pressure.  The hinges at the front are retained by small screws,
visible in the deflector raised position.  Careful, they're delicate! Bet
you're trying to get the deflector to drop down a bit quicker, right?  I wound
up removing it and gently bending the center downward to give it more
clearance with the front lip of the sunroof opening.  I used powdered graphite
to lube these things, liquid lubricants always seemed to attract dust and
debris.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA