[alfa] contempt for service providers

Alfisti,
Today I brought the weberized spider to a local service center for a front
end alignment. They said the tie rod ends were shot, the idler arm was loose and
the wheel bearings needed to be repacked. Okay, that's fine I said; I have
the parts to do this stuff.."Just replace the front tires with the Dunlops and
I'll bring it back for the alignment rack."

When I picked-up the car, it was obvious right away that they'd been playing
with the carbs. The engine was loping on three and the idle was set high to
compensate. Furious I went back in the shop and complained vehemently. This
act-out was met by dumb stares and denial. "Why would we mess with the carbs?"
"Never lifted the hood."

Got the car home and discovered the carbs were badly out of synchronization.
They had turned the synchro screw in about two turns. No big deal to fix, but
still; had their tampering been malicious it would sandpaper my butt good and
proper.

modelle in somers point