Re: [alfa] Re: emissions once again

This assumes it *has* an O2 sensor. Not all CIS systems did.  There is
a mixture adjustment on CIS, on the airflow meter.  It can make the
difference between passing and not, esp. if you don't have an O2 sensor.
Buy another cat.  At 177K miles, it's dead.  Universal models are
inexpensive, and it will drastically lower your emissions.  If it does
have an O2 sensor, buy one of those, too.  Even if you do it only once,
they'll allow you to pass this time effortlessly, and run cleaner for
as long as they last.

jamesm