From: "Granier, Rob" <rob.granier@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 7:35 AM
Subject: [alfa] 164S Smog Test Failure - Suggestions How To Pass?

> Folks - here in The Peoples Republic of California, our smog police
indicated my 164S has failed due to being over the max for NO (PPM). Max is
717, I'm at 809.   This would indicate the car is running too lean?   It was
suggested I:

> Get the fuel injectors cleaned out
> Check/replace fuel filter
> Clean out the carbon deposits
>
> The car was at ~ 185-200 degrees when tested, had been driven 130  miles
over the last 24 hrs, so it's had the "Italian Tune-Up".
> Anyone have any other ideas?
> I will get some additive to put in my gas to clean the injectors, and/or
something to attack the carbon build-up.  If the fuel-filter was that
clogged, it would be obvious.  But perhaps I should replace anyhow?   I've
driven the car about 1500 miles over the last two years.