[alfa] re: small dog bone mount

>What is the best way to remove the small bushing of the dog bone motor mount?
>Looks like it is difficult to pound out and am not sure I want to apply heat
>to burn out the rubber so I can get a hack saw in to cut the sleeve.  Terry

Terry,

You shouldn't have to burn it out. The small end is usually already crumbs.
Stuff a towel in the gap below it to prevent junk from getting into the
timing belt.

The angle is a BB to get at for a hacksaw. If you are patient, a Dremel or
similar will make it a bit easier to remove the sleeve but DO NOT pound on
it with a hammer and chisel. If you have an air chisel. it may make quicker
work if you are careful. Please do not follow advice such as the 164 forum
has, which they say to shave the bushing down. Don't be lazy, do it right.

You can replace it with the recently arrived mountain of polyurethane I
just received. {shameless plug} and the new dogbone big end with relief
holes molded in for low vibration
transmission.
http://www.alfabill.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=200

AlfaBill.com