[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1120 - Spider CA emissions

Hi Jonathon,

I bought a '91 Spider Veloce last year and, upon recommendation of a friend
who has a '91 with a chip, added one to my car. I bought a Squadra chip from
Holland, my friend had installed an Alfa Ricambi chip when his car was new,
and he had just bought a '94 CE spider for his wife. We drove all three cars
last fall, and both '91 Spiders with chips were definitely faster than the
stock '94. We originally thought that the Alfa Ricambi chip was no longer
available but, as of last fall, Ricambi has these in stock. I bought the
Squadra chip since they have graphs on their website illustrating horsepower
and torque increase. Alfa Ricambi couldn't identify who produced the chip they
sell.

The downside is cost and reduced fuel mileage. I lost approxamitely 2 MPG in
mostly town driving, and you are subject to exhange rate variations if you
order the Squadra chip at 245 euros. I think the Ricambi chip was around
$200.

http://www.squadra-tuning.com/

Regards,

George Schweikle