Re: [alfa] Center muffler

Don Harvey wrote:
> I say, do away with the
center muffler, you will be happy.
I remember this coming up on the digest a few years ago. If I remember correctly the collective wisdom was to keep the center "resonator". You can substitute a glasspack for it (and for the rear if the sound is right for you) but omitting it entirely was sub-optimal. Maybe this is true for non-cat cars only... It's been a few years since I've had a running spider so I didn't try to commit all the details to memory.

A search of the digest.net archives returns some posts to this effect, most notably from Russ Neely, who generally seems to know a thing or ,two about a thing or two.

http://www.google.com/search?domains=digest.net&q=center+muffler&sitesearch=digest.net

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org