[alfa] Re: spider exhaust

Yes, I actually did away with mine years ago. Not long after replacing the center section with new (expensive!) parts, the new center muffler had an altercation with something that split it open. I decided it needed more clearance so I had a pipe made that goes from the cat to a Supertrapp muffler all the way at the rear.
Performance if good if I have a lot of disks on the adjustable muffler, this also means it's loud.
Reducing the number of disks brings the volume down substantially, and the performance with it.
I also ran it once with the muffler uncapped (wide open), it was great! A mighty race car roar, and a shocking power increase. This led me to believe that the Supertrapp is probably not the best design out there. I have been thinking about adding a very low profile muffler back in to the system and making a hole in the Supertrapp endcap (and possibly lose the cat). Might help to balance out the power to noise ratio.
The possibilities are endless.

Tony Martie
'78 Spider
Dallas, TX