[alfa] Body color

I hate to even ask this, but has Elvira ever been wrong?

I emailed a few days ago and received the 'history' on a '69 Spider just
now. First she mentions it was manufactured on 6th September 1969 and
sold on (?) 11th September 1969 to Alfa Romeo, Newark.

I assume it means sold (as stated) but not shipped.

I didn't even ask about the color since I knew / know / am pretty darn
sure it is ROSSO 95 - 39068 since that is what the very original paper
sticker says; the car is red; paint has been touched up, but I believe
only once; the very thin paint has been scratched away from the VIN
number in the engine bay (which matches the number on the inside
windshield); no indication of any fiddling; car has apparently not been
registered since around '82.

Elvira says it is Ivory [with black skai (?) interior].

Not at all important, the '69 Spider in Chris Rees's book, 'Original
Alfa Romeo Spider', is not mine and all photos James Mann took were of
client's car except the paint sticker which was off the car in question
since it's sticker was more complete. However the two Rosso stickers
have slightly different numbers.

I thought about questioning Elvira on her research, but don't want to
appear to be ungrateful. I'm satisfied it began life Rosso.

Should anyone have had a similar experience, please contact me off-line.

And, yes, the From was:
                ARCHIVIO STORICO ALFA ROMEO
<ArchivioStorico@domain.elided>

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Rather ironic in that I have an ivory (AVORIO 95-C-2374 - my god! didn't
all Alfa Spiders come in red?) '69 Spider in the shop.