[alfa] Re: Aftermarket Cats...

Jon wrote:

>  Since I'm running now (YES!!! #1119 is ALIVE again!!!) and need to get
smogged
> for re registration, and I have the original 27 yr old cat converter..  I
would think I'm
> buying one.

Congrats!!!!

Yes, buy a new one. I put one from IAP (I think, maybe Centerline) on my '77
Alfetta GT when I re-did the engine. New type, replacing the old hatbox. Fits
as well or better than the hatbox. Better flow than the old pellet hatbox one.

I don't know if it changed the sound or not as I put factory Euro manifolds
and an Ansa collector pipe in front of it. The sound slightly is different from
before, but I can't pin the change on any one particular component.

I'm running the standard SPICA unit with my cat and no air pump (shhhhhh). I
also have a DynoGraph installed, so am trying to keep the mixture at the
proper level. I've been lead to believe that the lack of air pump will shorten the
life of the cat.

Tom
Seattle
6310123