Re: [alfa] Re: Detailing and Concours

I (originally) wrote:

"But a Maratona, regardless its myriad merits or its ridiculously is
never going to even have a PRAYER at a Concours (especially when there are
Giulietta Spiders or other pretty, chromed beauties from the more
classical period of Alfa history) if everything doesn't look surgically
SPOTLESS.

Arnoil@domain.elided wrote:In the recent thread about engine detailing, Joe made a comment along the lines of "...a Maratona would not have a chance in a Concours if there were really nice Giuliettas around...". Let me correct that common misconception.

What I meant by ALL this is that a Maratona (or Milano or Sport Sedan) has to really be spotlessly detailed and preserved if it is to have a chance at an overall trophy at a concours, especially a multi-marque concours or one where the public's opinion is taken into account. Sorry for not expressing myself more clearly.

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 Maratona
~22K mi.