[alfa] Malfunctioning Spica Fuel Cutoff

Kevin - I think you've done about as much as you can do. The microswitch is just that. . . . really micro. It's likely that the very think sliver of metal inside the plastic housing is just broken. Other possibility is a wire broken off a terminal, but you'd have to remove the cover to see it. I had a case where the FCS shorted ON, killing the engine. Thinking the switch was bad, I disconnected the FCS and drove it for a couple of months until I had time to remove the pump. Turned out that the two wires in and out of the housing were twisted together, rubbed off the insulation, and constantly acutated the FCS.

Taking the pump off the engine isn't very hard, especially if you just leave the base attached to the block and remove the 6 nuts holding the pump section onto the base. Hopefully the fuel pipe nuts aren't corroded onto the towers on the pump. To prevent that, I use a little antiseize compound whenever I put things back together. The microswitch itelf is about $60. Be careful with that little rubber grommet also. Those are not available anymore. Hopefully yours isn't leaking oil.