Re: [alfa] steering boxes

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:42:52 -0800 P Hood <phood56@domain.elided> wrote:

> Esteemed Digesti    Does anyone know definitively if the steering box
> from a '74 Berlina will interchange with the box from a '74 GTV? I
> believe it to be a Burman box with the u joint, but my parts lists do not
> include the steering boxes for crossreference.

my photocopies of john hertzman's parts books don't include the
berlina. however, my copy of the Alfa Ricambi mechanical parts
catalog shows the same part number for pretty much all 105/115
steering boxes.

the next step would be to load up the car disk and root through
double checking the parts numbers. i could do that if you want,
but not for a little bit.

richard