[alfa] Missouri barn fire 8C 2900 B

Howdy, Folks,

>George Schweikle mentions the "restoration" of the Missouri barn fire 8C
2900 B

BTW, though it's neither here nor there, the original car was owned by the
uncle of one of my friends. Interesting home movies.... Pat Braden was
going to write them up. Never happened, of course.

>The fire was pretty hot- all of the aluminum parts, including most of the
engine, were melted,

My friend has a blob of aluminum that he keeps on his coffee table that
used to be part of the Testa Rossa's engine.

 > the remnant of the ugly duckling was 'restored' with a 'replica' of the
most desirable Mille Miglia bodies.

For when a 427 Cobra replica just won't do. Now, as a topper, I'll start
with a glass full of water, because there _were_ some Alfas that went down
in the Atlantic, and statistically....

RON