  From: David Jarman
  To: tessiedog@domain.elided ; alfa-digest@domain.elided
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 7:36 PM
  Subject: Re: 24V rough idle

  Dean, did you replace the torque rod?   There are rubber bushings in it, and
it could be a contributor to rough idle if they are deteriorated (can't
imagine Italian rubber doing that now, can we?)

  Worst case, the timing belt has slipped one or two teeth, probably on the
rear bank intake cam.  Won't make much difference in the exhaust tone of the
idle, but it does increase the harshness of the idle quality.

  Dave Jarman
  Lexington, KY
  USA