Re: [alfa] In defense of not wrecking it-

John Hertzman <johnhertzman@domain.elided> wrote:It is hard to dispute the perennial argument that historic cars should be risked, because they were originally intended to be. Or, more briefly, who cares? As Brian says, "most of the cars that are being thrashed about are mostly non-original in the first place. So hammering a new panel to replace a panel that is not original, what's the big deal?" To which I would add that most of the cars shown at major concours, and most of the cars shown in museums, are also mostly non-original in the first place.
"A ship is safest at harbor, but that's not what ships are for." I have no problem with cars being put "at risk" but I'd rest easier if said cars had whichever risk they were to be put to, minimized to the gratest extent possible.

Personally, I'd rather see, say, a GTA at speed than a 6C 3000 CM rotating slowly on a museum turntable.

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 "Maratona"
~22K mi.