Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:41:08 EST
From: RThefarm@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Milano Brake Master Cylinder replacement?

Here's another one for the group -
I have ended up having to replace my clutch master cylinder on my
project Milano - what a PITA! Well since I have that pedal box out - I was
thinking about other modifications that I might want to make in that area. I
remember hearing that if you want to run bigger brake callipers it is nessicary to
run a bigger brake master cylinder and that one from a 164 will bolt right up
and provide the necesary increased volume. My first question is, has anyone
done this and is it true that it will bolt right up? My secound question is: I
have not yet changed the brake calipers from stock and probably will not do so
for awhile - will the bigger master cylinder cause problems with my stock
brake calipers?

Thanks for any help with this question!

Chris Rundlett
1982 Spider Veloce