Re: [alfa] Victory by Design

adoherty@domain.elided wrote:I just watched the Alfa and Maserati shows the other night. I couldn't believe,
and was pretty envious of, Cadenet the way he was able to freely thrash the
cars about on regular roads. Irreplaceable cars at that. He got pretty
squirrelly a few times in a number of the cars, apexed into the dirt etc. He
must be quite a character. The best part was when he was in the 2900, I think,
and ahead of him a deer ran across the road. Oof, Museo Storico would not have been pleased over that...
I noticed that too. On the DVD (I forgot if this was on the broadcast or not) he almost sends a pheasant to Pheasant Heaven, as well.

My 2 favorite bits where when he gets behind the wheel of the Tipo 308 and his head SNAPS back as he releases the clutch, clearly not expecting the car to have a fraction of the torque it actually did.

The other is when he goes out in the Tipo 159 Alfetta and almost stalls it.

Still, sweet gig. (I wonder how many denim buttondowns he got from Ralph Lauren?)

The sound was great, although the mix was a bit, um, brusque (at least the DD mix, I haven't tried the DTS mix) and the video was pretty good at times but other times it leaned far too much to "green." All in all, a great bit of fun.

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 Maratona
~22K mi.