[alfa] Re: Cam Choices

At 02:15 AM 1/21/04 +0000, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 01:06:41 +1000
From: "Dean" <tessiedog@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [alfa] Cam Choices

<snip>
The euro cams work well if you set the intake up so that the intake valve
close later. In fact if you nail the cam timing with these cams they will
produce really good top end and pull to 7000rpm. I would wonder if its worth
messing around with mild grinds other than this unless you go to 45mm
throttle bodies and choose a serious grind.
Can you provide details on cam timing for the Euro 10548 cam with Spica? For example, on my Spica engines I set lobe centers at 102 for both exhaust and intake. Yes I agree these euro cams are great in Spica applications (and I use tight valve lash, ~.014 intake, .016 exhaust). Since adjusting cam timing is such a pain, any specifics on lobe centers for both intake and exhaust would be appreciated.

//kct