[alfa] 164 RF Alarm remote frequency

Does anyone know what frequency the factory 164 alarm remotes transmit at? The oem remote I have has a pathetic range (4 feet max on a good day) and I've been curious to know if a new remote might help (I've already tried batteries and adjusting the trim pot inside the remote). I've seen inexpensive universal car alarm remotes advertised that cover a range of frequencies, but not knowing the specific band required I don't know if they will work for me.

thanks,
-Obie
Tacoma, Wa.
assorted alfas