[alfa] Duetto Sound Insulation

Gee Beatle,

I think my US model 69 is pretty original, although the carpets are not, but
mine has approximatly 1/4 inch of yellow foam all around the rear tub section.
My top is off and so this is all visable now if you need pictures it would be
no trouble.  Although I don't understand what your other post was asking for.

Good luck, Bill

Me again.

My car has carpets which I realise is incorrect.  The rear section behind the
seats seems to be correct pattern vinyl but I notice it has light foam
(sponge
rubber) insulation in this area.  The same type of stuff used in cheap
mattresses.

The flat floor sections in the cockpit and the boot floor all have jute type
insulation, which is what I would expect to see everywhere.  The forward
vertical area of the boot also sports foam insulation.  What insulation
should
be used in these areas ?  Foam seems wrong to me.

Beatle