Re: [alfa] GTV-6 Bra or Mask?

What's this 3M material called? What sorts of places would I be looking for?

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 Maratona, ~21K mi.

George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided> wrote:
You don't want one, believe me. The bra will wear a line in the paint
of your hood where the edge of the bra rests on it.
What you probably want is one of these clear plastic 3M appliques that
disappear once that they are applied. The soft, pliable plastic
material causes stones, etc, to just harmlessly bounce-off of the front
of the car without damaging the paint, and it doesn't spoil the car's
looks like a normal bra does. You can also get this material to cover
headlights too. I have it on my European style Hellas and they can keep
the lenses from getting cracked by stones. There are places that
specialize in custom application of this 3M material and will cut it to
fit perfectly. I don't know where to tell you to look for such a place,
but I do know that they exist.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6