Re: [alfa] new record

Are you overfilling or topping up your tank Joe?

Where are you located? Some govermental regulations in some jurisdictions require a system which recovers spillage by sucking it back and if you overfill your tank, you can do that forever. Unfortunately, 'tho it keeps down spillage, it is not sophisticated enough to credit you with the 'recovered' fuel and of course it will thus overcharge you and and seemingly inflate the capacity of your tank .

Just a thought.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

Joe Elliott wrote:

I put 18.2 gallons of fuel in my GTV-6 yesterday. I'm not sure how that worked, because I thought the tank was only 18 gallons. I've also run it out of gas before, and it's taken less than that. I wonder how accurate gas pumps are--I'd imagine that they have to be calibrated by the government periodically just like the produce scales at the grocery, right?

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6