[alfa] RE: Buyers: BEWARE of Stebro Exhaust Ltd.

While I am pleased with the quality of the pieces I
ultimately received from Stebro, my experience with the
business closely mirrored that of Diogenio's. It took a
long time and repeated phone calls to finally get what
I had been promised. When I first placed the order for
a catalytic convertor and center muffler for my GTV6, I
inquired as to whether they were in stock. Dan's reply
was yes, they were on hand in the warehouse. My credit
card was also billed the same day that the order was
placed. What proceeded was over a month of excuses,
when I could actually get someone on the telephone. One
was that the pieces were lost in transit and another
had something to do with a mix-up at the warehouse in
New York. I was also repeatedly promised tracking
numbers, but received none that were valid. It was only
after I threatened to cancel the order that it was
actually shipped. When I checked the tracking number
upon delivery, I found that the pieces had only been
sent about three days prior.

I believe it obvious that the systems are indeed made
upon receipt of the individual orders. As Diogenio
said, the money from the sales is then used as
operating capital. I, too, would have rather been told
up front that the parts would take some time to be
delivered. I was more concerned with the quality of the
exhaust than in having it in my hands immediately.
Realistically, there simply can't be a large enough
market for Alfa systems to justify Stebro keeping them
stocked. While I don't think Dan intended to actually
defraud me, he certainly didn't do much to impress me
with his integrity. That is unfortunate as he does have
a good product. My advice is that if one chooses to
order from Stebro, expect a much longer than promised
wait.

Vaughn Zeller
1984 Maratona