Re:[alfa] Machine to see Alfa Victory by Design

Unfortunately, Biba, your 7600 was minted WAY before DVD came on the scene. Not only will it not play a DVD as configured, it's too slow to play one at full frame rate even if you could get one for it. I was counting on you having something newer. All currrent macs and most PCs can play DVD out of the box, but your 7600 is early nineties, if I remember correctly and it's no dice.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Jan 10, 2004, at 9:42 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:47:10 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Machine to see Alfa Victory by Design

If it wasn't for the content of the DVD's I wouldn't keep this rather
iffy thread going, honest Richard.

Vintage TV has RCA holes and was told it'll be a plug and play once I
turn my aluminum cans in to buy a DVD player. Agree?

Stuck Maserati CD (rather than Alfa one in case the needle scratched it)
into my also rather vintage 7600 MAC but couldn't find it on my quite
crowded desktop. Something that started with 159 looked promising but
said I need to update my program (don't ask which) to be able to watch.
So trashed the 159 icon thing to open the CD drawer. Drawer didn't open.
Forget how to access (okay, I'm old. Happy?) the list of stuff in trash
to wipe off and put back on desktop.

So poor old MAC guru hopefully will come out and help me go through my
trash and perhaps down / upload a later version of that program which
makes it possible to see moving pictures on my Post-it encrusted
monitor.

If too technical for you, do not call...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA