[alfa] 164Q- Cold AND warm start issues

My 164Q is experiencing both cold and warm start issues.  It will ultimately always start, but often requires excessive cranking.

Does anyone know what to check?  I am hearing about a fuel check valve.  Also, do I need to check thermal sensors?  What about the control units on the inition coils?  I don't always have this issue- it is intermittent.  Sometimes, if I were to stall the car, it will not start back up immediately...

When it is running, it runs perfect.

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Jason Hagen