[alfa] Evaluating spare engine: compression

Although I'm well-aware that compression tests are meant to be done on a hot engine, I performed a compression test on my spare engine to get an idea of its condition. While not exactly horrible, I'm not too thrilled with the results. I'm hoping that the engine experts on the digest will be able to tell me how stupid it would be to put this engine in my car.

Test 1, dry cylinders (the first of each pair of numbers represents the first jump of the needle, the second is the final value):
1 (60/95)
2 (90/130)
3 (70/130)
4 (55/80)
5 (90/160)
6 (90/165)

Test 2, couple drops of "3-in1" oil added to each cylinder:
1 (50/100)
2 (70/130)
3 (90/180)
4 (80/110)
5 (90/170)
6 (90/175)

Test 3, several drops of motor oil added to each cylinder:
1 (60/100)
2 (70/110)
3 (100/175)
4 (80/125)
5 (100/165)
6 (90/165)

Before doing the compression test I did a pretty crude variation on a leakdown test, from which I concluded that cyl. #2 leaks around the exhaust valve and cyl #4 leaks around the intake valve.

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6