[alfa] clutch update #2

I removed my clutch fork to get a look at this notorious pivot pin, and it looked like it was sorely wanting lubrication (see http://warehouse.closeoutsuperstore.com/joe/clutch/). Although metal had been removed from the fork, the pin looked like it was all there, so I decided to grease the fork and reinstall it. The squeaking and rough-feeling clutch operation are gone, and the pedal effort is noticably reduced.

While I elected to keep the original pin in place rather than replacing it preemptively with an OEM one tomorrow, it does not look like it would be fun to deal with a broken one. I definitely think I'd spring for the fancy aftermarket Kiwi replacement part that was mentioned on the digest a few weeks ago, if only they were available by some means other than an international telephone call (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, Bill, Andy).

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6