[alfa] odd GTV-6 clutch behavior

Over the last week or so the clutch in my GTV-6 has intermittently felt like something was wrong. There will sometimes be a barely-perceptible roughness when I'm disengaging of engaging the clutch. My first thought was that it felt like the input shaft needed to be greased. But the intermittent nature of the problem made me feel like it was more likely hydraulic. Then today on a couple of occasions as I was engaging the clutch to pull away from a dead stop, I didn't notice if the pedal felt funny, but there was a "bang" from the back of the car, and it lurched forward as though I had engaged the clutch too quickly--seemingly it's sticking. This makes me feel even more strongly that it's hydraulic in nature (correct me if I'm wrong), so the question becomes which cylinder? The slave was replaced 35,000mi ago, the master was replaced 32,000mi ago, and the flex hose was replaced 27,000 miles ago--are these things really that short-lived? (We're talking 4.5 years ago.) Is there any good way to tell where the problem is? I know that rebuilding these parts isn't recommended, but for it too have failed so soon, is it really likely that the bores are corroded enough to rule out a simple (new seals) rebuild? I'm planning on driving this car back to school on Friday, so I need to come up with some kind of solution relatively quickly. If it turns out not to be hydraulic and I have to take the actual clutch assembly apart, I may be pretty screwed, because I've never taken that part of the car apart before.

Many thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6