[alfa] Auxiliary Air device

Happy new year everybody.

I'm troubleshooting a rough idling problem with my 87 alfa spider, and I came across the Auxiliary air device (part of L-jet if you must ask) the manual say that it should be open when cold to allow more air in and closed when hot. I removed it and looked through the air ports and it's CLOSED save for a small triangular opening. Since the engine was cold, do I have a bad aux air device?

Tony 87 Spider grad.

pequannock, NJ