[alfa] 164 Engine Swaps

>>The Lancia Stratos project mentioned earlier has
been one of my favorites for a long time. Would it
fit in an X1/9?<<

There is a guy in the UK who slotted an Alfa 164 engine
and gearbox into an X1/9. Went very well (I got taken for
a spin in it) although the car was later written off.

It went in without too much trouble, although there was
quite a lot of metal work done.

I suspect that putting it into a Europa would be far more
difficult as the Lotus has an inline engine installation
while the X1/9 is transverse.

All the best

Keith