[alfa] '87 Spider VVT

You can also disconnect the VVT solenoid plug and touch a fresh 9V battery to the solenoid to activate it. At idle it should run rough. I usually just leave the plug on and rev the engine and look inside the hole for the button to pop out. The 2L O/H manual says it should be at 1650 rpm. What I would like to know, do you need the special tool the shop manual calls out for to adjust the solenoid? The  2.0L O/H manual  doesn't mention the tool at all when installing the solenoid.

Merry Christmas

Gary Cerasoli
Jackson, GA
'86 Spider Veloce(waiting for cyl head to return)